Wednesday 25 September 2013

Infinity Scarves are Looming Up

*
Before we went on the Holiday from Hell back in August,
I bought one a knitting loom. I knew I'd need something to keep busy with while 
Phil took the kids fishing. 
However, since we were camping and it rained for 5 of the 7 days and we were in a tent,
I didn't dare pull out balls of yarn to have rolling in the mud.
I did, become a little addicted to looming/knitting up these
infinity scarves when we came back. I think I was using this as a form of therapy.
*
*
No! the leaves outside our window are not this delightful colour of purple!
This is the only way I could get any where near the actual shade of this cowl.
This picture isn't doing it justice, this cowl is a gorgeous jewel hue.
*
*
I've got a couple more to add to my Etsy shop in the next few days.
And that's how I've managed to keep some small modicum of sanity these past few weeks.
*
HAPPY STITCHING  :)
whatever medium you use



8 comments:

  1. Ooh, very pretty Carolyn! Sorry about your holiday from hell. :/ Camping and rain don't mix very well! I agree though, stitching is very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your infinity scarves are beautiful!

    I went to check out your etsy shop and saw the clown costume pattern. MANY years ago I made the green clown suit shown on that pattern. The body of mine was red and white striped flannel and the collar was red and white polka dots. For shoes I covered two shoe boxes with red and white polka dot contact paper, cut a hole in the top of the shoe box to insert my foot. LOL Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Carolyn, Love the knitting they look so warm. Sorry about the weather while camping ,nothing worse. It is ok if you are not getting wet and can sew or knit and listen to the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarves especially the purple one. I love bright jewel colours. I'm pleased you've managed to keep a modicum of sanity over the last weeks. Keep finding a little time for you and enjoy your 'therapy'. Anything that helps you navigate through the difficult times is essential. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those but felt so limited by it. I have since seen lots more that can be made with it. I got a rigid heddle loom and weaving with it is a great calming therapy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these scarves! I have one infinity scarf and wish I had more. Maybe I should get online and find a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scarves! If I wasn't so busy making quilts I would pull out my needles again. I will just enjoy via you and others.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!