Monday 1 September 2014

Fall

Hello again my friend.


Fall, is said, to be the second spring when all the leaves are flowers.


The time of year when there's a chill in the air but you're not freezing your buns off.


I love all the sensations of this glorious season.
The sight of the colours,
the sounds of the geese feasting in the fields before they take flight,
the smell of Mother Earth, apple pies and stew on the stove,
the feel of the nippy winds blowing upon my face,
the coziness of our homes.


Have you ever really seen the sky so blue as in the autumn?


The way that the colours can be bursting one minute and the next muted and subtle.


The bounty of the harvest.


Yes sirree, I'm a fan of fall!
How about you?

HAPPY STITCHING  :)

4 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite time of year for all the reasons you have stated and more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carolyn - what a beautiful post! Yes indeed it is the best season! Now I am even more excited about it thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Arkansas fall doesn't come until mid to late October...so we're heading to Colorado so we can experience it earlier. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Carolyn I love the colours off Fall or as we say in OZ Autumn. Our Spring has arrived and all the plants are starting to flower in beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!